Readings due before class on Tuesday, September 11, 2018
- Chapter 5 in Alberto Cairo, The Truthful ArtAlberto Cairo, The Truthful Art: Data, Charts, and Maps for Communication (Berkeley, California: New Riders, 2016).
- Chapter 4 and Chapter 22 in Claus Wilke, Fundamentals of Data VisualizationClaus E. Wilke, Fundamentals of Data Visualization (Sebastopol, California: O’Reilly Media, 2018), https://serialmentor.com/dataviz/.
- Summary of CRAP graphic design principles from Garr Reynolds, Presentation ZenGarr Reynolds, Presentation Zen: Simple Ideas on Presentation Design and Delivery, 1st ed. (Berkeley, California: New Riders, 2008).
- Typography in ten minutesThe rest of the Practical Typography book is phenomental and you’d be remiss if you didn’t read the whole thing and bookmark it for life, but for now just read this quick summary.
- “What’s the Difference Between JPG, PNG, and GIF?”
- “The File Guide: Differences Between JPG, PNG, EPS, PDF, PSD, AI, GIF, TIFF”
Questions to reflect on
- Questions TBD